[Mimedefang] Anyone else having problems with Clamd 0.65?

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Wed Jan 28 12:41:42 EST 2004

At 01:59 PM 1/27/2004, Lucas Albers wrote:
>Can you try just running clamscan?
>I was setting up a new backup mx server and when I ran clamd it had milter
>problems, it appeared just running clamscan worked corrrectly.

That will probably be the next thing I try, if my current setup fails.  I
looked up more info on clamav, and found a suggestion to move to a newer
snapshot.  I'd been reluctant to do so before (since this *is* a production
server), but in the face of Mydoom I decided it was time to give it a try,
and I grabbed yesterday's snapshot.

It's held up for the past 18 hours or so, which is longer than 0.65 seems
to have managed.  So far, so good.

I'm just reluctant to sacrifice the efficiency gains clamd has over
clamscan.  But if push comes to shove, I'll drop back to clamscan.  These
days, inefficient virus scanning is better than none at all.

Kelson Vibber