[Mimedefang] New .zip virus?

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Tue Jan 27 07:15:08 EST 2004

A) I believe you have to modify the source code
B) the code already uses the --secure command line which will unzip files.
C) I recommend the following step which is relevant because it's also how I
know how to change the uvscan command line:

"Step 4: Enable MIME Scanning

If you didn't modify mimedefang.pl above, you should now.  Thanks to Lucas
Albers for pointing this out!
Add the --mime switch to detect MIME encoded virus's.

  modify line 2121 in /usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl to have --mime:

    run_virus_scanner($Features{'Virus:NAI'} .
" --noboot --mime --secure --allole $path 2>&1", "Found");"

Regards,
KAM