[Mimedefang] Off Topic

Benjamin Schmaus schmaustech at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 20:20:35 EST 2004

Question for all:

I wrote a web based front end to MIMEDefang and
Spamassassin.  I did most of the core development in
my spare time after work.  The remainder of my time
was spent implementing it at a service for the company
I worked for.  Now I have left the company and they
say they own the rights to that code.

Doesn't the GPL from MIMEDefang and Spamassassin apply
to the code I created, thus it would also be open
source?  Or does my employer own the code?

If they do own the code, how can I rework the concept
so I can release a new version of the code as open
source?

Any help or direction would be appreciated.