[Mimedefang] action_bounce not bouncing with embedded perl enabled?

Atanas atanas at asd.aplus.net
Fri Jan 23 18:55:10 EST 2004

Hello guys,

I have a system handling about 500K messages a day (MimeDefang +
SpamAssassin + ClamD) and it's working pretty well.

Recently I upgraded Mimedefang to 2.39, and after enabling the embedded
perl option I found it no longer bounces any detected viruses. The
viruses get detected and successfully logged by md_graphdefang_log(),
but action_bounce() instead of bouncing, just passes them through.

/usr/local/etc/mimedefang/mimedefang-filter :
   if ($category eq "virus") {
	md_graphdefang_log('virus',$VirusName, $RelayAddr);

         # Bounce the mail!
         action_bounce("Virus $VirusName found in mail - rejected");

Does anybody else experience similar problems?

FreeBSD-4.9
perl-5.6.1
IO-stringy-2.108
MIME-Base64-2.20