[Mimedefang] How to un-quarantine a message

John Mason John.Mason.Jr at autostradeint.com
Wed Jan 21 10:25:54 EST 2004

http://www.mimedefang.org/node.php?id=32

How do I unquarantine a message?
Last updated by dfs on Monday, 2003/04/28 - 15:15

If you have quarantined a message using action_quarantine_entire_message,
you can unquarantine it as follows:

Change into the quarantine directory.

As root, type:
sendmail -oi -Am -f `cat SENDER` `cat RECIPIENTS` < ENTIRE_MESSAGE
(all on one line, and watch the quotes: They are `left-leaning`, not
'right-leaning')
If you'd rather not send the message to its original recipients, but to
someone else, replace the `cat RECIPIENTS` with the address you want to
receive the unquarantined mail.
If you have only quarantined portions of the message, you're probably out of
luck. The contrib/fang.pl script might help you recover some of the message.

 John