Fun with rr.com (was RE: [Mimedefang] arix.com blacklist problems)

Charles Gardner charles at sterlingideas.com
Wed Jan 21 14:06:38 EST 2004

<snip>
> I am
> currently battling with Road Runner because they are apparently
> blacklisting an entire class B block because it is a block of sprint
> address'.  I have a client that has one of these IP's and
> cannot send to
> anyone at tampabay.rr.com.  Sounds like they are feuding with sprint.
</snip>

I've got one better.  One of my customers in the Tampa area uses a
business static RR connection to host their in-house email server, and
they could not send in to anyone @tampabay.rr.com.  Evidently the powers
that be at RR security blocked one of their own subnets.  The reject
statements cited our class C subnet, which is wholly theirs.  D'Oh!!!

Never did get 'em to fess up about what was wrong.  Just started
magically working.

Charles