[Mimedefang] "Deep recursion on subroutine" in MIME::Parser - how to trace?

Royce Williams royce.williams at acsalaska.net
Tue Jan 13 13:06:42 EST 2004

Royce Williams wrote:

> A problem cropped up for me this weekend.  I have slaves consistently
> dying
> with a "Deep recursion on subroutine" error in MIME::Parser:

Silence from the list usually either means "you're clueless, buddy" or
"too weird/one-off/complex to bother with".  :) Guessing the former,
I dug more and found the mimedefang-filter MaxMIMEParts variable.
Almost simultaneously, Doug wrote back to me and said that this
fixed the error for him.

Should this be a FAQ entry?  I'd be happy to write one.

-royce