[Mimedefang] "Deep recursion on subroutine" in MIME::Parser - how to trace?

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jan 13 14:43:51 EST 2004

Am Di, den 13.01.2004 schrieb Royce Williams um 19:06:
> Royce Williams wrote:
>
> > A problem cropped up for me this weekend.  I have slaves consistently
> > dying
> > with a "Deep recursion on subroutine" error in MIME::Parser:
>
> Silence from the list usually either means "you're clueless, buddy" or
> "too weird/one-off/complex to bother with".  :) Guessing the former,
> I dug more and found the mimedefang-filter MaxMIMEParts variable.
> Almost simultaneously, Doug wrote back to me and said that this
> fixed the error for him.
>
> Should this be a FAQ entry?  I'd be happy to write one.
>
> -royce

MIME::Parser is part of the perl-MIME-tools. Did you install the version
patched by David? It's available throuh www.mimedefang.org.

Or you might run into a situation for which following is in the
mimedefang-filter (commented out):

#***********************************************************************
# Uncomment this to block messages with more than 50 parts.  This will
# *NOT* work unless you're using Roaring Penguin's patched version
# of MIME tools, version MIME-tools-5.411a-RP-Patched-02 or later.
#
# WARNING: DO NOT SET THIS VARIABLE unless you're using at least
# MIME-tools-5.411a-RP-Patched-02; otherwise, your filter will fail.
# $MaxMIMEParts = 50;

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany