[Mimedefang] TESTVIRUS.org - test question

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sat Feb 28 15:33:41 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 13:44, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> > > So this is a mimedefang-only bug. Not a bug in ClamAV.
> > Well, I'd call it a bug (or maybe a feature) of both :)
>
> As currently ClamAV never actually sees the faulty bit, it can't be a bug in
> ClamAV. On the contrary, I would consider a bug in ClamAV when it starts to
> decode inline binhex in arbitrary files (not (!) emails).

I'm not sure I followed all the steps here, but if MimeDefang
saves the attachment in the same form that a mail user agent
would if you told it to save to a file that sounds correct
to me.  If ClamAV doesn't detect a virus when it scans
that file, whether saved by an MUA or MimeDefang, then
it seems like a bug in ClamAV.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com