[Mimedefang] OT:Sendmail qtool.pl question

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Feb 25 15:27:55 EST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Lucas Albers wrote:

> I am trying to use qtool to clean queue items on my sendmail queue that
> have the following error codes on delivery:
> Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 554 5.7.1*

I assume you want to clean out messages *from* your mail server *to*
recipients that have that code.  Because Sendmail won't keep a 5xx-failed
message in the queue.

I'd recommend an alternate strategy:  Check the sender of the message;
if it is "<>"; you might as well nuke it after it's been in the queue for
a day or two, because it's a bounce notification that won't be going
anywhere.