[Mimedefang] OT:Sendmail qtool.pl question

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Wed Feb 25 15:20:06 EST 2004

I've tried to get an answer to this question on sendmail and some other
email mailing lists, but have not had back any answer.
So I thought I'd ask some sendmail experts.

I am trying to use qtool to clean queue items on my sendmail queue that
have the following error codes on delivery:
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 554 5.7.1*

Anyone know the qtool.pl syntax to delete these items, or have any idea on
an alternative method to use?

Syntax is something like this, but not:
$msg{data_file_name}
qtool.pl -e '$msg{message}[0] =~ / 550 5.1.1.*User unknown/'
/var/spool/mqueue /var/spool/mqueue/user_unknown/

I'm trying to handle the following type of error codes, which do not
appear to being purged from the queue.
in the df* file:
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 554 5.7.1

Is their a setting I can make in sendmail/mimedefang to kick this out
earlier in the process, as it is obvious they will not be delivered to
their recipient.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering