[Mimedefang] [OT] SBL

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Wed Feb 25 11:30:27 EST 2004

My experience is summed as this:

BlackLists have a very high false-positive rate.  Too high to be used for
outright blocking.

Additionally, they have little centralization and a lack consistent
procedures and parameters for removal.

I use them for SA scoring but would never recommend blocking.  I like using
them with the SA rules that require 3 or 4  BLs arithmetically to get a
positive score.

Our server of ours ends up in random blacklists every few months because of
some moronic blacklist administrators and I know DFS has had the same
issues.  It was always nice in the past having people refuse to take
www.spamassassin.org out of a blacklist, sigh.

Regards,
KAM