[Mimedefang] A Bit of Confusion - Solved but differentproblemwithCLAMD

Peter A. Cole peteracole at bigpond.com
Tue Feb 24 02:53:52 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob" <rob_macgregor at hotmail.com>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 3:26 AM
Subject: RE: [Mimedefang] A Bit of Confusion - Solved but
differentproblemwithCLAMD

> Odd, I made my change to mimedefang-filter and it worked:
>
> $ClamdSock  = "/var/run/clamav/clamd";

I had a closer look today, and the require entry for mimedefang-filter is
BEFORE the line $ClamdSock = "/var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.sock" in
mimedefang.pl, so obviously it is overwritten by this setting.

Maybe it's just a Debian package thing?

> This has been discussed in the past and examples are in the archive,
> however...  I use the following to strip out all existing recipients, add
> them in a header (in the event that it becomes relevant in future) and set
> the recipient to postmaster:
>
>         # Record who it was for
>         action_add_header("X-Orig-Rcpts", join(", ", @Recipients));
>
>         # Remove oroginal recipients
>         foreach $recip (@Recipients) {
>                 delete_recipient($recip);
>         }
>
>         # Send to the postmaster
>         add_recipient('postmaster at my.domain');

Below is what I added to my sub filter_end section:

if ($hits >= $req) {
                md_graphdefang_log('spam', $hits, $RelayAddr);

                # If you find the SA report useful, add it, I guess...
                action_add_part($entity, "text/plain", "-suggest",
                                "$report\n",
                                "SpamAssassinReport.txt", "inline");
                # Add a header with original recipients, just for info
                action_add_header("X-Orig-Rcpts", join(", ", @Recipients));
                # Remove original recipients
                foreach $recip (@recipients) {
                        delete_recipient($recip);
                }
                # Send to spam address
                add_recipient('tangles at starpoint.local');
            } else {
                # Delete any existing X-Spam-Score header?
                action_delete_header("X-Spam-Score");

Don't worry about the lack of brackets as I've only copied the pertinent
bits.

By the way, I did look through the archives, and they looked close enough to
this to be identical, so maybe my problem lies elsewhere?