[Mimedefang] on reading *.cf files

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Sun Feb 15 07:36:28 EST 2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:07:55 -0500 (EST), Gerald wrote:

>  Does MD read $PREFIX/mimedefang/spamassassin/*.cf like SA does or
>  does it only look for specific .cf files?

SA, when used by MD, will read .cf similar to SA when called in other ways.

MD tells it to read a specific main config file, in my system that's /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf.

After reading that config, SA will act as SA usually does. It will read it's default rules and it will read site specific rules. In my installation SA reads site-specific rules from /etc/mail/spamassassin/*.cf (and IIRC that's the default location for SA).

Regards
/Jonas
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists at frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/