[Mimedefang] memory leak?

Ron Peterson rpeterso at mtholyoke.edu
Fri Feb 13 10:58:34 EST 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> > Yesterday 50K.  (grep 'stat=Sent' /var/log/syslog.01 | wc).  More actually
> > come in, of course..
>
> I would need a total volume to comment.
>
> You have to limit your sendmail process.  Figure that otherwise a DoS could
> take down your box.  200 simulataneous connections is fairly easy to do.
>
> > So you would do define(`confMAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN',`100'), or somesuch?  And
> > what happens if someone hammers us?
>
> I would do:
>
>   define(`confMAX_DAEMON_CHILDREN', `60')dnl

Thanks Kevin.

Would you recommend any other sendmail tuning, like below?  I can see how
this could be useful, but I don't have a good feel for what the
appropriate settings might be.

define(`confQUEUE_LA',`85')
define(`confREFUSE_LA',`85')
define(`confDELAY_LA',`50')
define(`confCONNECTION_RATE_THROTTLE',`5')
define(`confNICE_QUEUE_RUN',`3')dnl