[Mimedefang] memory leak?

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Thu Feb 12 18:04:18 EST 2004

Ron Peterson said:
> I'm somewhat suspicious the broadcom network interfaces / tg3 driver may
> be involved.  I've started logging /proc/net/dev once a minute to see if
> the interfaces start throwing errors.  I also started logging vmstat
> output every fifteen seconds.  Anything else anyone would recommend
> logging?
I spent 3 months resolving a tg3 driver problem, are you using at least
2.4.22 kernel tg3 driver?
Can you configure more aggressive sendmail timeouts?
I handle about 8K a day on a system and it never goes over 6 sendmail
slaves and 2-3 mimedefang processes.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering