[Mimedefang] New way of obfuscating text

Kris Deugau kdeugau at webhart.net
Tue Feb 10 19:38:18 EST 2004

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:
> Huh?  How do you do that?  I don't get a SpamAssassin score until
> after the DATA phase, at which time it's too late to reject.

You're free to return something other than "250 OK" after a DATA
segement.

However, it *is* a bit pointless because you've burned bandwidth to
accept the message by then.  :/

On the other hand, rejecting such mail means you don't spend any more of
your resources on it- local storage, local network bandwidth, or
possibly more outside bandwidth for a mail client to download the
message.

-kgd
--
"Sendmail administration is not black magic.  There are legitimate
technical reasons why it requires the sacrificing of a live chicken."