[Mimedefang] New way of obfuscating text

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Tue Feb 10 14:48:07 EST 2004

> From: Michael Sims [mailto:michaels at crye-leike.com]
> Jim McCullars wrote:
> > also, but they will obfuscate a letter by doing this:

> > which makes that "s" basically invisible.  Can anyone think
> of a valid
> > reason for setting a font size of 1?  I am thinking of a SA
> rule like:
> >
> > rawbody UAH_SMALL_FONT /<font\s+style=\"font-size:\s+1;/i
>
> Personally I think that's a great idea.  I've seen these a
> lot lately too
> and I think I'm going to put something like this into place
> as well.  But
> how about making the pattern simply:
>
> /font-size:\s*1;/i

<rant>
This is a bug in Internet Explorer, in my opinion.
Although <font size="1"> would be expected to be small, <font
style="font-size: 1"> is meaningless because there is no unit on the 1.  Is
it 1px? 1em? 1ex?  I believe the CSS spec says that any size with no unit
must be ignored by conforming browsers (though I'm relying on memory here.)
0 is an exception - it can be unit-less since 0px = 0em = 0whatever
</rant>