[Mimedefang] Re: milter timing out

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Feb 5 14:25:48 EST 2004

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, -ray wrote:

> That is exactly what happens.  All the slaves die, the multiplexor thinks
> they're idle, and 'md-mx-ctrl scan /' returns the above.

In that case, the multiplexor is successfully activating and communicating
with a slave, because the error message you see is actually generated
by the Perl slave.

I'm at a loss as to how to diagnose this, because I've never seen the
problem and can't replicate it.

When the system gets wedged, try this:

strace -f -p `cat /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang-multiplexor.pid` > TRACE.OUT 2>&1 &
md-mx-ctrl scan /

and then stop the strace command and send me TRACE.OUT.