[Mimedefang] Re: milter timing out

-ray ray at ops.selu.edu
Thu Feb 5 12:37:04 EST 2004

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, David F. Skoll wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, -ray wrote:
>
> > Here's the output from when it happened the other day.  I don't think the
> > slaves are really running, but the multiplexor still thinks they're idle?
>
> When it gets wedged, try this:
>
> 	md-mx-ctrl scan /
>
> error: Cannot open COMMANDS file from mimedefang: No such file or directory

That is exactly what happens.  All the slaves die, the multiplexor thinks
they're idle, and 'md-mx-ctrl scan /' returns the above.  I'm not sure
what the 'scan /' does.  If it is an OS problem, how would i determine if
SIGCHLD's are really being lost.  Would turning on multiplexor debugging
be of any help?  This is on redhat AS2.1, kernel 2.4.9-e.24enterprise SMP,
with 5g RAM.

Below is the output from my MD restart script.

ray

 Less than 2 mimedefang slaves
 Restarting mimedefang at Thu Feb  5 02:52:00 CST 2004...
 Thu Feb  5 02:52:00 CST 2004: Sendmail 51 | mimedefang 1
 Max slaves: 60
 Slave 0: idle
 Slave 1: idle
 Slave 2: idle
 Slave 3: idle
 Slave 4: idle
 Slave 5: idle
 Slave 6: idle
 Slave 7: idle
 Slave 8: idle
 Slave 9: idle
 Slave 10: idle
 Slave 11: idle
 Slave 12: idle
 Slave 13: idle
 Slave 14: idle
 Slave 15: idle
 Slave 16: idle
 Slave 17: idle
 Slave 18: idle
 Slave 19: idle
 Slave 20: idle
 Slave 21: idle
 Slave 22: idle
 Slave 23: idle
 Slave 24: idle
 Slave 25: stopped
 Slave 26: stopped
 Slave 27: stopped
 Slave 28: stopped
 Slave 29: stopped
 Slave 30: stopped
 Slave 31: stopped
 Slave 32: stopped
 Slave 33: stopped
 Slave 34: stopped
 Slave 35: stopped
 Slave 36: stopped
 Slave 37: stopped
 Slave 38: stopped
 Slave 39: stopped
 Slave 40: stopped
 Slave 41: stopped
 Slave 42: stopped
 Slave 43: stopped
 Slave 44: stopped
 Slave 45: stopped
 Slave 46: stopped
 Slave 47: stopped
 Slave 48: stopped
 Slave 49: stopped
 Slave 50: stopped
 Slave 51: stopped
 Slave 52: stopped
 Slave 53: stopped
 Slave 54: stopped
 Slave 55: stopped
 Slave 56: stopped
 Slave 57: stopped
 Slave 58: stopped
 Slave 59: stopped
 md-mx-ctrl scan / check:\n\n
 error: Cannot open COMMANDS file from mimedefang: No such file or directory