[Mimedefang] action_quarantine good messages

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Mon Feb 2 18:46:18 EST 2004

On 2 Feb 2004 at 14:37, Scott Ostrander wrote:

> We filter with MD before sending to Exchange.
> Our Exchange server went south again and lost 1 day of mail.
> (Accepting but not keeping the mail)

Yipes!  Is there a compelling business reason to keep running
Exchange?

> Management wants me to "Quarantine" good messages for three days.

<snip>

> But how to quarantine "good" messages to one area and
> "bad" messages to a different MD-Quarantine area?

You can change the value of $QuarantineDir in mimedefang-filter
whenever you like.  I'm doing this to keep quarantined spam separate
from viruses, like so:

> my ($tmpQuarantineDir) = $QuarantineDir;
> $QuarantineDir = $QuarantineDir . "/spam";
> action_quarantine_entire_message("$report\n");
> $QuarantineDir = $tmpQuarantineDir;

You could then run a daily cron job on your "good" quarantine to
remove anything more than three days old.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.