[Mimedefang] OT: Advanced Email System

Jonas Eckerman jonas_lists at frukt.org
Mon Feb 2 15:10:13 EST 2004

On Mon,  2 Feb 2004 10:28:06 -0700, dimon at intellinetinc.com wrote:

>  is to develop the system and sell the services to install and
>  maintain the system, we are not going to sell the software and the
>  project is not going to be an Open Source one.

Are you certain that this does not vialoate the licenses for any of the software you are using?

To me it seems like you will be *distributing* yor system. Most licenses have regulations for how you may distribute derived applications and sometimes even applications that are not derived from but are using (in a dependant way) the software the license is for. Those regulations typically doesn't only restrict only the *selling* but also the *distribution* of software.

/Jonas
Jonas Eckerman, jonas_lists at frukt.org
http://www.fsdb.org/