[Mimedefang] return action_discard()

Network Guy netguy at sound-networking.com
Mon Feb 2 11:26:03 EST 2004

Hi all

Luckly I am in a country that permits me to delete eMail with virii.  Does
that make my government smart?  < could be another can of worms.

Anyway, I would like to send users some sort of notification that a virus
email was deleted.  I currently discard those emails and was thinking that
some sort of positive reinforcement to the user would be a good thing.

I think if a *short* ( maybe one liner ) with the following infomation
would be ideal:

Virus name, Mail From:, date, time, relayIP

Maybe "Virus: $virusname from $FromeMailaddy at relayIP at date & time was
deleted" or something like that.

Actually, I guess that the eMail body could be blank, with the above info
in the subject?

Is there an easy way of setting this up in Mimedefangs filter?

thanks in advance

tod