[Mimedefang] MIMEdefang on CPAN? or in RPM form?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Dec 28 17:11:00 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-25 at 18:47, Gary Funck wrote:

> I'm about ready to install MIMEdefang, and was wondering if MIMEdefang is
> available on CPAN, or available in RPM form?  I've been trying to move
> towards always installing perl modules/distributions via RPM in order
> to better track what is installed.  For CPAN, I'm using 'Ovid' to build
> RPM's, but of course MIMEdefang has to be on CPAN first, for that to
> work. I ran a quick scan on CPAN for MIMEdefang, but didn't find it there

Dag Wieers has it packaged for redhat/fedora (along with about every
other program known to man...).
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/mimedefang/
His stuff works best if you add his repostiory to your apt or yum
configuration and let the programs work out the dependencies. He also
has clamav but I'm not sure if the clamd socket location/ownership is
fixed so the two work together out of the box.  Sometimes it is harder
to fix up a couple of lines in someone else's installation than to do
it yourself from scratch.

There are several independent apt/yum repositories like this at the
moment but they are working on consolidating and making an effort
to avoid conflicting dependencies.

---

  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com