[Mimedefang] MIMEdefang on CPAN? or in RPM form?

Gary Funck gary at intrepid.com
Thu Dec 30 04:32:39 EST 2004

I've since created and rpmadmin account and am building packages
under that personna. As they say, works for me.

> > Request for enhancement in existing MIMEdefang rpm spec file --
> >
> > Currently, it states:
> >
> > Requires:      perl-Digest-SHA1 perl-MIME-tools perl-IO-stringy
> > perl-MailTools
> >
> > a more consistent capitalization standard would be:
> >
> > Requires:      perl-Digest-SHA1 perl-MIME-Tools perl-IO-Stringy
> > perl-MailTools
>
> This would be nice, but it would also be incorrect.  <g>
>
> Those Perl modules are named as-is, for whatever reason it was, and
> changing the capitalization will Break Things.  I don't recall any
> particular problems building any of those modules myself.

Researching this further, it seems that my rpm building tool of choice,
Ovid,
chose a different capitalization convention than (perhaps) the tool
used to create the RPM's that require the presence of the modules
installed by the RPM. I modified the .spec file to supply the
expected resource and rebuilt. No problema.