[Mimedefang] Question on confidentiality statements

Ian Mitchell trash at aftermagic.com
Fri Dec 17 12:05:13 EST 2004

> Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:38:59 -0800
> From: Kenneth Porter <shiva at sewingwitch.com>
> Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] Question on confidentiality statements
>
> Disclaimer:
> By sending an email to ANY of my addresses you are agreeing that:
>
>    1. I am by definition, "the intended recipient"
>    2. All information in the email is mine to do with as I see fit and
> make
> such financial profit, political mileage, or good joke as it lends itself
> to. In particular, I may quote it on usenet.
>    3. I may take the contents as representing the views of your company.
>    4. This overrides any disclaimer or statement of confidentiality that
> may be included on your message.
>
> Thanks, Jeff! ;)

Not to be a bug here, but I think the author of the original email still
retains artistic copyright and still retains the rights for what is done
with the original email... Now THAT would make a nice legal statement!

FBI NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is protected
by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DCMA). The author(s) of this
email have spent a considerable amount of time in thoughtful construction
of the contents of the messages and as such, if you are not the intended
copies of the original message. Circumvention of the original distribution
method intended for the message is not authorized and is prosecutable
under the DCMA.