[Mimedefang] Sendmail, MIMEDefang and ClamAV

Johann mailadm at srar.com
Thu Aug 26 15:46:41 EDT 2004

NFN Smith wrote:
 > I have the following setup:
 >
 > Fedora Core 2
 > Sendmail 8.13.1
 > MIMEDefang 2.44
 > SpamAssassin 2.64
 > -----------------
 > ClamAV 0.75

Me too.

 > Also, a related question -- what's the best way of getting the clamd
 > and clamav-milter daemons launched at start time?

In the contib/init/RedHat directory of your ClamAV source, there is an
init file named clamd. Copy it to /etc/init.d. then symlink it into
/etc/rc.d/rc3 (rc5 if you start up in graphical mode) as S(some number
lower than Sendmail's)clamd - ie: S75clamd

I agree that it should be started before either Sendmail or MIMEDefang,
though I can not tell you why. Must be BOFH intuition.

--
-Johann
-Data Communications Engineer, CRIS-Net Regional MLS