[Mimedefang] MUA for multiple senders

Steffen Kaiser skmimedefang at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Thu Aug 12 04:09:47 EDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, WBrown at e1b.org wrote:

> The other day someone asked about an MUA that would support sending from
> different addresses.  Last night I was looking at my Mozilla Thunderbird
> setup where I have my primary home accoount, as well as my rarely used ISP

If you mean me, that's true, you can have any (??) number of mailboxes in
Mozilla (it would be cool to have "roles" there, instead to force you to
setup different mailboxes for each From: address).

My question was how I can have:

- an user-specified From: address and
- a valid local-server-based envelope address.

I considered this was in the line with the distinction between MTA and
MSA, but I haven't found any pointers in the sendmail README's or google.

Bye,

--
Steffen Kaiser