[Mimedefang] Graphdefang + High CPU Load when processing

Sven Schuster schuster.sven at gmx.de
Tue Aug 10 13:21:41 EDT 2004

Hi Rich,

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 12:34:00PM -0400, Rich West told us:
> handle at any one point in time.  This resolved the problem, but, now,
> 10 months later, we have seen that graphdefang has started spiking the
> CPU for a minute or more as it processes (this is a new problem for
> us).  The machine is a solid box with 1GB of RAM..

just jumping in here, I don't know your exact setup/OS, but maybe you could try
lowering the priority of graphdefang?? This way it would end up not eating so
much processing power of your machine (and, of course, taking longer to finish
one run).

HTH

Sven

--
Linux zion 2.6.8-rc2 #1 Sun Jul 18 15:00:48 CEST 2004 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
 19:18:48  up 22 days, 20:47,  1 user,  load average: 0.09, 0.08, 0.02