[Mimedefang] [resend] Specfile bug: disables service on update

Kris Deugau kdeugau at vianet.ca
Tue Aug 10 11:46:55 EDT 2004

"David F. Skoll" wrote:
> Off topic: I hate RPM!

Hah.  Try making sense of Debian's dpkg packaging system sometime.
*crosses eyes*  Oy vey.  RPM is clear as glass by comparison.

>  Does anyone have a *good* document where
> all this stuff is documented?  Half the stuff in .spec files seems to
> be undocumented magic.

As mentioned, www.rpm.org has links to the (now quite outdated but still
useful) Maximum RPM book, and the online copy is slowly getting
updated.  I also use "offical" .srpm's (and the occasional third-party
.srpm) as references to see what some of the more complex packages have
done to make some interesting trick work.

-kgd
--
Get your mouse off of there!  You don't know where that email has been!