[Mimedefang] md_check_against_smtp_server

Bill Maidment bill at maidment.com.au
Tue Aug 10 10:31:46 EDT 2004

Bill Maidment wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to use md_check_against_smtp_server to check the email
> recipient against valid users on another mail server.
>
> The problem I have is that invalid recipients cause the incoming email
> to continually bounce between my two mail servers. Valid recipients work
> fine!

OK. I've finally found the last problem.
I had, for some strange reason, set LUSER_RELAY in the sendmail.mc on
the internal server, to point to the external server. Once that was
removed, and I added the renaming host line as previously suggested, all
was well.

Thanks everyone for all the assistance.

Cheers
Bill