[Mimedefang] Sendmail 8.10 and MIMEDefang

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Mon Aug 2 08:45:22 EDT 2004

Kenneth Chan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a raq4 with sendmail 8.10.  Which is the most recent version that will work with sendmail 8.10?  Is there an archive of previous versions available for download?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ken.

Kenneth,

  If I'm not mistaken (and this is off the top of my head after a long
day at work) then sendmail 8.10 doesn't support MILTER which is required
to run MIMEDefang.  also, apparently some versions of sendmail 8.11 have
  some MILTER related bugs and it's recommended to use at least sendmail
8.12 with MIMEDefang.

anyone else on the list can correct me if i'm wrong (please).

hope this helps,

alan