[Mimedefang] Question regarding stream_by_recipient()

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Mon Aug 9 13:14:25 EDT 2004

Larry Starr wrote:
> I am running mimedefang 2.37/spamassassin 2.60 on a redhat
> mail gateway (no
> local users).
>
> I have recently been asked, by my CEO, to "Lower" the spam
> scores for him and
> our President.   He tends to subscribe to some "questionable" mailing
> lists, etc.  and has seen some tagged as spam.  He's now afraid he's
> missing something.

1) Configure MIMEDefang to change the "spam score" header to the
following format:

Spam-Score: ******** (8.5)
That is, put the asterisks before the number.

2) Configure his email-reader to filter spam based on the "header
contains"
Spam-Score: *******
(seven asterisks, say)

This will filter all email with a spam score of seven-or-higher rather
than the default of five.

Or, add an "Exception" to the rule where tagged spam is filtered unless
the header contains "List-Id: questionable-list.example.com"

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com                      805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"