[Mimedefang] Bad RCPT Throttle in the Real World

Richard A Nelson cowboy at cavein.org
Fri Aug 6 01:57:13 EDT 2004

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

> Thanks for the detailed idea.  Can you add these delays, specifically, the
> wait 15 seconds before replying, just for IPs listed in a db file (as an
> example)?  Any hints on the name of the mod so I can search for it?

for sendmail, you can do stuff like this:
# Don't throttle localhost
Connect:localhost       RELAY
GreetPause:localhost    0			# Time to wait before 220 msg
ClientRate:localhost    0			# Connections/interval
ClientConn:localhost    0			# Concurrent connections
GreetPause:             1000
ClientRate:             10
ClientConn:             10

For mimedefang, checkout filter_relay, where you can specify a
delay on return to teergrube the client (thusly stalling one
mimedefang thread - but shouldn't impact other deliveries)

--
Rick Nelson
Life'll kill ya                         -- Warren Zevon