[Mimedefang] MimeDefang vs clamav

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Thu Aug 5 12:48:59 EDT 2004

Martin Blapp said:

> First, you should not use clamscan, you should use the direct clamd
> socket connection to speed up scanning.

Unless you don't really care about speed, and care more about reliability.
clamscan doesn't rely on clamd to work, so it's more reliable.
One of my systems I run clamdscan, the other clamscan.

It was also easier to setup clamdscan then clamd socket.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering