[Mimedefang] Re: MimeDefang vs clamav

Richard A Nelson cowboy at cavein.org
Wed Aug 4 17:11:04 EDT 2004

> A trawl of the list archives would have provided you with the answer to
> this - see in particular
> http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2004-August/023645.html

Actually, I did peruse the archives - for a ways back...

Remember, my original said I was running SA 3.0pre2.

For giggles, I verified that the newer code does not have the same
exposure.  Besides which, since I'm using the (Debian) supplied
mimedefang-filter (which is the suggested windows version) -
spamassassin is called *after* the virus scanners.

Now, to me, it makes sense to do the spam check first - as I'd expect
it to be the cheaper of the options... but I'd like to get what I've
already got in working shape before I embark on the eternal quest to
improve thing :)

--
Rick Nelson
Life'll kill ya                         -- Warren Zevon