[Mimedefang] Deadline for SPF records

Damrose, Mark mdamrose at elgin.edu
Wed Aug 4 10:30:21 EDT 2004

dnsreport.com is a nice place to get an external view of your
domain, but take a lot of the text with a grain of salt.  They
flag a lot of things as errors which are not, but don't match
their view of best practice.

I have not heard of the October 1 date.  As far as I can see
http://spf.pobox.com does not mention this, and none of the
RFC drafts do either.

Hmmm.  Followed a bunch of the links, and found:
http://www.clickz.com/experts/em_mkt/em_mkt/print.php/3388371

"Last week, Microsoft announced it will check for SPF records
in all e-mail coming into its Hotmail service, beginning
October 1, 2004."

That's probably it.