[Mimedefang] Managing Quarantined Messages

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Apr 28 20:35:09 EDT 2004

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004, Tim Pushor wrote:

> You know, I was half expecting this answer ;-)

Well, you know, gotta try...

> If I were selling a solution, It would be CanIt - however, this is for
> me, and at least half of the fun of running a system based on Open
> Source is writing this kind of stuff yourself ;-)

The simple way is to use quarantine_entire_message() and then have some
kind of scripts (either command-line or Web-based, depending on your
tastes) that remail the message.  You also need to avoid filtering
anything coming from 127.0.0.1 so you don't re-quarantine the
messages.

If you've used quarantine_entire_message(), the recipe for remailing
it is pretty simple:

	sendmail -odi -f`cat SENDER` `cat RECIPIENTS` < ENTIRE_MESSAGE

from within the quarantine directory.

Hope that gives you enough pointers to start implementing! :-)