[Mimedefang] Managing Quarantined Messages

Tim Pushor timp at crossthread.com
Wed Apr 28 21:03:52 EDT 2004

David F. Skoll wrote:

>The simple way is to use quarantine_entire_message() and then have some
>kind of scripts (either command-line or Web-based, depending on your
>tastes) that remail the message.  You also need to avoid filtering
>anything coming from 127.0.0.1 so you don't re-quarantine the
>messages.
>
>If you've used quarantine_entire_message(), the recipe for remailing
>it is pretty simple:
>
>	sendmail -odi -f`cat SENDER` `cat RECIPIENTS` < ENTIRE_MESSAGE

Yeah thats fine, but two things initially popped up, one the not
filtering 127.0.0.1 - I don't know if this would affect anything else -
how about if I use stream_by_recipient or domain - wouldn't these
messages be coming through with localhost being the relay? I would still
want to filter these..

Also is it possible that some recipients already got the message? I'm
kind of thinking out loud here - but is there any case that this message
could have already reached some of the recipients? Now I'm starting to
second guess myself ...

Tim