[Mimedefang] bayesian working?

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Mon Apr 5 18:30:37 EDT 2004

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Martin J. Dellwo wrote:

>I am trying to test out a system-wide bayesian filter.  If something
>gets tagged because of the bayesian test, is there a keyword in
>X-Spam-Score I can look for so that I know it was triggered?

BAYES_xx (where xx is some number of the percentage)

>By the way, I am running sa-learn as the 'root' user, using default
>/.spamassassin/user_prefs.  This puts the files bayes_* in
>/.spamassassin.  I then copied them to /var/spool/MD-Quarantine and
>changed the owner for the mimedefang user.  I tried running as root and
>telling it to use /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf but it just hangs up.

Stolen from the archives somewhere.

sa-learn --spam -C /etc/mail/spamassassin --showdots --mbox bad_file
sa-learn --ham  -C /etc/mail/spamassassin --showdots --mbox good_file

Here is my /etc/mail/spamassassin/sa-mimedefang.cf (which mimedefang
uses)

required_hits           5.0
ok_locales              en
rewrite_subject 0
skip_rbl_checks 1
score HABEAS_SWE 2.0
use_razor2              1
use_dcc                 0
use_pyzor               1
use_bayes               1
auto_learn              1
bayes_path                              /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes
bayes_auto_expire                       1
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_nonspam      0.5
bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam         5.5
bayes_expiry_max_db_size                100000
bayes_file_mode                         0644
bayes_ignore_header                     X-Spam-Status:
bayes_ignore_header                     X-Spam-Score:
bayes_journal_max_size                  10240
bayes_journal_max_size                  5120000
bayes_learn_to_journal                  1
bayes_min_ham_num                       100
bayes_min_spam_num                      100
pyzor_timeout 4
razor_timeout 4

That sets it to use the correct things.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645
-- You should consider any operational computer to be a security problem --