[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.42 is released

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Apr 2 19:38:20 EST 2004

--On Wednesday, March 31, 2004 11:35 AM -0500 "David F. Skoll"
<dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> MIMEDefang 2.42 is up at http://www.mimedefang.org/node.php?id=1

Two specfile issues:

configure should be in %build, not %prep. %prep by convention does unpack
and patch. I typically use "rpm -bp" to inspect source code, and don't want
the lengthy configure process to hold me up.

%preun is executed unconditionally, disabling MD on upgrades. It should
instead look like this (logic lifted from clamav specfile):

%preun
if [ $1 = 0 ]; then
        service mimedefang stop > /dev/null 2>&1
        /sbin/chkconfig --del mimedefang
fi

%postun
if [ $1 = 0 ]; then
        /usr/sbin/userdel -r defang > /dev/null 2>&1 || :
fi
if [ "$1" -ge "1" ]; then
        service mimedefang condrestart > /dev/null 2>&1
fi