[Mimedefang] Re: Great open letter about anti-virus, emails, bounces, etc.

Michael Sims michaels at crye-leike.com
Tue Sep 16 11:25:03 EDT 2003

Royce Williams wrote:
> Michael Sims wrote:
>> Sounds like a good idea.  Do you do this based off a substring of
>> the PTR record, or are you maintaining a list of IP networks?
>
> A little of both.
[snip explanation]

Thanks for that info, I really appreciate it.  I'm going to be putting
something like this into place ASAP, but I am going to put up a simple web
form that emails postmaster and include the URL in my reject message, just
to play it safe in case someone complains that their fly-by-night company
can't email them...

> We also block based on IP blocks if they're big enough to bother with
> and are demonstrably dynamic.  I do sometimes wish that sendmail
> grokked CIDR. :)

There's ./contrib/cidrexpand in the sendmail sources, but you probably
already knew about that. :)

Michael Sims
Project Analyst - Information Technology
Crye-Leike Realtors
Office: (901)758-5648  Pager: (901)769-3722