[Mimedefang] multiple CPUs, multiple milters!

Anne Bennett anne at encs.concordia.ca
Mon Sep 8 14:14:01 EDT 2003

> The hyperthreading is both normal and irrelevant I believe.  The number of
> child processes started most likely has more to do with the default to
> start.

You're thinking of the configurable number of slaves in the
multiplexor, I believe.  I'm referring to the milter process:

>> But... when I start up mimedefang (the milter process), I get four of
>> them!  The PID in the pidfile is that of the first one (lowest PID).

By the way, I've been running this type of set-up for some time, but
always under Tru64Unix (including multi-processor machines) in the past.
I do *not* get multiple milters in that context.  This is my first
installation using *Linux* on a multi-processor machine.

Anne.
--
Ms. Anne Bennett, Senior Sysadmin, ENCS, Concordia University, Montreal H3G 1M8
anne at encs.concordia.ca                                    +1 514 848-2424 x2285