[Mimedefang] How to stop Neroma / 911 virus?

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Thu Sep 4 15:26:11 EDT 2003

Here...

http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=100601

...they say the attachment name is Nerosys.exe with this remark
in parentheses:   ("911.jpg" label is used)

I was wondering how a jpg could be executed.  As usual they do not
actually show us a sample message.

I don't see any instance of Nerosys.exe (any case) in my system
logs today.  We remove and log all exe files.

Joseph Brennan         Columbia University in the City of New York
Academic Technologies Group                   brennan at columbia.edu

--On Thursday, September 4, 2003 11:54 -0700 Mike Heller <mike at dsny.com>