[Mimedefang] Unknown User: '@DEFANGUSER@'

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Wed Oct 22 09:29:44 EDT 2003

The simple question is "Did you create the defang user?"

---

Spam isn't speech, just like a note wrapped around
a brick thrown through a window isn't publication.

William Brown
Email/Internet Services
Erie 1 BOCES

"ipetts" <ipetts at ozemail.com.au>
Sent by: mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com
10/22/2003 12:49 AM
Please respond to
mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com

mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com
cc

Subject
[Mimedefang] Unknown User: '@DEFANGUSER@'

I am a new user, trying to install mimedefang 2.38 on a RedHat 9.0 box. I
have
been following the instructions at 'The MIMEDefang HOWTO' page and believe
have got MD installed _almost_ correctly :-)  [That is, I had no errors
building
or installing it].

When I try to start MD however, I get the error:
/usr/local/bin/mimedefang-multiplexor: Unknown user: '@DEFANGUSER@'

To my non-programmer eyes it looks to me like there is a macro,
DEFANGUSER, that
is supposed to expand to 'defang' by default, but for some reason this
does not
appear to have happened on my box.