[Mimedefang] Unknown User: '@DEFANGUSER@'

ipetts ipetts at ozemail.com.au
Wed Oct 22 19:37:59 EDT 2003

> > When I try to start MD however, I get the error:
> > /usr/local/bin/mimedefang-multiplexor: Unknown user: '@DEFANGUSER@'
>
> I don't know if this might help, but have a look in
> the init-script file(I have it in /etc/rc.d, but YMMV)(or whereever
> it is) and check 'MX_USER=??"

Ahhh, yes, there it is. It was set to '@DEFANGUSER@'.

Changing this line to 'defang' got me past this point, then it choked on
'@SPOOLDIR@', but fixing this one up did the trick. I'm not sure why this wasn't
right, but I was using some config files from an existing box so this may have
been confusing things.

I have now successfully had MD pass the eicar test virus off to sophos sweep,
get it detected, strip it from the mail and include a warning message.  Off to a
good start now I reckon'. Now to work out how to make some custom filters...

Thank you very much for the suggestion!

Regards,
Ian.