[Mimedefang] Spammers who won't take no for an answer

Michael Sofka sofkam at rpi.edu
Tue Oct 21 09:12:55 EDT 2003

On Monday 20 October 2003 20:26, David F. Skoll wrote:
> Is anyone seeing a new trend (maybe a new ratware package?)  I'm seeing
> spammers repeatedly retry the same message, even after a 5xx failure code.

We've been seeing it for over a year. Much of dsl.telesp.net.br
(multiple class B subnets) has been blocked for this reason.

> I see it mostly from dial-up machines, which makes me think
> we have a new ratware package out there.

Or an old package.  Where is the advantage of checking error codes
to a spammer?

Mike

Michael D. Sofka              sofkam at rpi.edu
C&CT Sr. Systems Programmer    Email, TeX, epistemology.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.  http://www.rpi.edu/~sofkam/