[Mimedefang] Rewarding plaintext

marius popa mapopa at reea.net
Fri Oct 17 12:39:37 EDT 2003

> I don't use HTML mail personally, I don't like receiving it, and I see the
> anti-spam value of blocking it. On the other hand, forcing everyone to use
> plain text forever will restrict future innovation. And, spammers will
> probably adapt to HTML blocking as they have to other detection methods, so
> the benefits may not last too long.

I think we can do the small steps
for example : replacing loading images from the html mail (with the boss
accord of course :)) with a approved one ex
www.exmple.com/no_html_images_in_emails_pls.png

or sanitize the HTML before sending it to the users
We could make a rule that only w3 html is allowed so who is sending the
mail should care about what is sending

Yeah but that is an ideal world already ...