[Mimedefang] Update on server status

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Oct 14 12:26:18 EDT 2003

Hi,

We have a new colocated server and things should be getting back to
normal.  Although DNS has yet to settle down, thanks to the magic of
Linux firewalling rules, even if you hit the temporary address
209.151.1.209, you still get bounced to the real address
216.191.236.23. :-)

Once DNS has settled, I'll remove the SNAT rules, and we should be back
in business.  If you experience any problems with this list or with
accessing www.mimedefang.org, please e-mail me off-list.

Thanks also to those of you who offered space to help out.  The offers
were appreciated, but we have enough machines and redundant network
connections to recover fairly quickly from a dead server.