[Mimedefang] Milter: temp failing commands

cam bcp1 at craqskeep.com
Thu Oct 9 14:46:01 EDT 2003

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Bob Robichaud wrote:

> milter: connect: host= whatever.somedomain.com addr=xxx.xxx.xxx temp failing
> commands
>
> When I telnet my gateway server smtp1.compmore.net 25 from a remote network
> I get a greeting almost immediately

this isnt' really a mimedefang issue, but i've been seeing it lately.
my problem turned out to be clamd dying, but it was HARD to find the error
message due to teh volume of logs.

i dug through the clamd lists and it seems there is a issue with teh
mbox.c code in the 0.60 release and using the ScanMail option causes this.
i dont' rememb erunder what conditions exactly, but it happened to me 4
times yesterday (first time it's ever happened).  i turned off that option
this morning and we will see how it runs today.

cam
bcp1 at craqskeep.com